Thursday, January 8, 2009

I've got my love (of quilts) to keep me warm.



Today's joie de vivre comes from quilts and the feeling you get buried beneath one on a cold winter day. I've spent 90% of my vacation thus far underneath a quilt or blanket, partially because my father prefers his house to be uncomfortably cool, and partially because being wrapped in a quilt feels decadent and cozy like a vacation should feel. My favorite quilt of all is a patchwork of my grandmother's which I received after she passed away. The quilt was created from my aunt's old dresses from the 60s and 70s and it's quite honestly the coolest thing I will ever own.

So if it's crappy cold wherever you are, reader, bundle under some covers and snuggle. My philosophy on life's joy demands it of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment