Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving thanks.

It would probably be remiss if a blog dedicated to appreciating life's little joys didn't at least acknowledge an upcoming holiday that theoretically centers around giving thanks, right?

Oh, Thanksgiving. You are holiday's equivalent of grandma pulling you aside to point out you've put on weight: your heart might be in the right place, but the basic message still stings. A friend of mine refuses to celebrate Thanksgiving because of his Native American roots. Instead, he waits until the Friday after Thanksgiving to celebrate "Honesty Day" - where he and the people he cares about pledges to be honest with one another. Me, I still celebrate Thanksgiving. Instead of focusing on that whole racist, historically inaccurate bit, I prefer to reflect on all the things for which I am thankful. I could come up with a list of things, but that's basically what this blog's all about, anyway.

Whether you celebrate Thanksgiving, Honesty Day, or anything in between, I hope you take some time to reflect on all the warm fuzzies in your life. And if you ever need any reminders of things worthy of gratitude, come visit me. I'll be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment