Tuesday, August 10, 2010

That was Wisconsin.

Behold, the dairy state.


I recently took my first vacation since beginning my job last year. Subsequently, I also had my first post-vacation experience which can only described as vacation hangover. Typical to other experiences I've, uh, had - vacation hangover felt strikingly similar: Headache. Grumpiness. Overall malaise with sudden, persistent cravings for mac and cheese. Periodic whimpering.


It makes sense, though. If you suddenly take away afternoon naps, increase temperatures by 30+ degrees, AND return to 40-hour work weeks, grumpy pants can't be too far away. Especially coming off a vacation which involved:

Hanging out with my nieces and nephew
Spending time with friends

Grilling out with my family








And, of course, cheese!
It's always hard to come back from vacation. Still, I'm joyful for the time I got to spend with family and friends this summer. No matter how long I live in Texas, Wisconsin will always be my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment