Thursday, January 8, 2009

Campylobacter jejuni Respiratory Oxidases and Reductases


"LB-do-you-think-I-should-get-an-iPod-nano-or-Classic-Melissa's-children-are-so-cute-I-can't-get-over-it-did-you-know-Forgetting-Sarah-Marshall-has-FULL-FRONTAL-NUDITIY?!!"
Today's joie de virvre comes from my sister Becky. Becky - who now as an adult goes by Rebecca if anyone asks - is about to receive her doctoral degree in microbiology from N.C. State this weekend. My sister is incredibly smart, incredibly silly, and can say more things in a minute than some people can say in an hour. She can make you furious but five seconds later she can make you forget why you were mad at her in the first place. Becky's moving to D.C. soon to do post-doc work (see what I'm saying? SMART.) and I can't emphasize enough how proud I am of Dr. Becky, my sister!

"What's your jwaaaa-de-virrr whatever going to be today?" Becky asked me on the phone earlier this evening. My feet were dangling in the air as I tried to pick out the fuzz from between my toes. "I don't know yet, B. I guess you'll just have to wait and see."

No comments:

Post a Comment