Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sandwich Love

Today's joie de vivre is unexpected comments and compliments from strangers - which for whatever reason can carry more weight than if said by a friend or loved one. To celebrate the almost-weekend, I decided to pull a lazy and not put together dinner tonight. Instead, I drove to the Sub Shop, Columbia's hole-in-the-wall and oh so delicious sandwich shop. As I waited to place my order, a man waddled up to the counter and then handed me a playing card which would be called when my sandwich was ready.

"Here's the Ace of Spades," he said.

"Motorhead!" I blurted out.

The man looked at me, set down his pen, and his eyes widened.

"I. love. you."

My boyfriend then proceeded to find me the biggest deli pickle he had in the back and sent me on my way. As I ate my delicious veggie sandwich (which I of course got with turkey) and eyed my giant pickle, I had to laugh. Somebody out there loves me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment