Friday, January 23, 2009

The day after tomorrow.

When I sat down to write my last entry, I was hopeful things would return to the up and up. What ended up happening was far from it - a few days following my furnace breaking down, a carbon monoxide leak was found in my apartment, leaving me homeless for a couple days, and in badly need of a shower.

Today's joie de vivre isn't necessarily flashy or something people generally consider when things are going good, but when the time comes we're all glad we have it: a helping hand. It's a boss who brainstorms with you who to call when your landlord isn't answering his phone. It's a new friend who offers her guest room and then puts a basket of towels and toiletries out because she assumed you didn't have time to pack any. It's someone who meets you for a beer and listens to you drone on and on about your problems. It's an old friend checking in with emails, and a mother who shares your outrage.

I am in the process of getting a new furnace. HVAC guys have been trampling around my apartment for the past two days, making more noise than I figured humanly possible. But the end result will be normalcy, so I say bring on the noise... it just means I'm one step closer to taking that badly needed shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment