Friday, January 16, 2009

Tomorrow.


It's hard to be joyful when it's -3 degrees out. I know those readers further north than Missouri are likely rolling your eyes at this blasphemous comment, thinking I don't know what cold even is. You're probably right. In fact, as a Wisconsin native, I've been saying that to Missourians who don't know how good they have it all week.

So, strike that. Let me rephrase. It's hard to be joyful when it's -3 degrees out and your house hasn't risen about 49 degrees in the past twenty four hours, despite it being set to a comfortable 70. It's hard to be joyful when Bruce, your landlord's "furnace guy" seems remarkably stumped at your situation, given his aforementioned title. It's additionally hard to be joyful when about the same time as the furnace giving out, your computer contracts a virus, shutting down all of the software and devices that are supposed to prevent this from happening in the first place.

I am not in the best of moods. But with the greatest effort I can muster, I am determined to find a silver lining. So today's joie de vivre? Knowing tomorrow will eventually be here. Today might well be a wash, but tomorrow still holds promise. I don't mean to go all Annie on you, but well - actually, I do. The sun will come out tomorrow. It won't always be below zero, my computer won't always be re-directing me to off-color websites, and I will one day regain feeling in my toes. I'll even bet my bottom dollar on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment