Saturday, March 7, 2009

Le gâteau de joie


Recently I'm finding that I have a lot to be joyful about. Everywhere I turn there's another joie de vivre just around the corner, maybe because I'm actually looking for them rather than letting it slip by.

Today's joie de vivre is unexpected cake.

...that a friend bakes for you just because comps are over.
... from a recipe you randomly mentioned to her just once that you wanted to make but were too overwhelmed to try.
... that is so delicious and pretty it's almost art.

I don't know about you, but for me, cake is absolutely a philosophy of life. Because it's sure difficult to complain about much of anything with a dessert like that sitting in your kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. why did you have to make this post so delicious-looking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, i can post to this! (there was some error for the last couple of days.)

    anyway, i just wanted to say that i'm glad you finally got to try this cake. isn't it fabulous? :)

    ReplyDelete