Saturday, June 6, 2009

good day, sunshine!

I know many would disagree, but one of my favorite times of day is morning when the sun is rising and peeking through your window - mother nature's own alarm clock without all the annoying beeps or traffic reports.

However, I can also appreciate those weekend mornings when the sun streams through your window and you can open one eye, appreciate its beauty, and promptly fall right back to sleep.

One of the major drawbacks of my current digs is a lack of direct morning light, something I grew to love about my apartment in Missouri. Now I've learned to angle my bedroom door just the right way to get a steady stream of light in from the living room come morning. Morning sunlight has become important to me over the years. It's those few stolen moments you can enjoy before dragging yourself into the shower and head off to work. It's all very joie de vivrey.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing better. Like those times you had to get up too early for a family trip and you got to watch the sun rise from the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning light is great. my bedroom gets afternoon light as the sun sets, but it's very pretty in its own right. :)

    ReplyDelete